Monday, August 27, 2018

cool before the heat


I took Dolly out this morning when the grass was full of dewdrops.


I threw a quilt over the wet and we stayed outside for an hour - my sit-upon came in handy.  I spent the time drawing up a tentative menu for Labor Day, and then we listened to a podcast. 


 A sunflower kept us company.


Inside, I quickly did some laundry, did a slap-dash job on the bathroom and spent the rest of the day in a leisurely fashion, staying as cool as it was possible to be. We're in a little heat wave.

4 comments:

  1. sounds a lovely day and I like that sit-upon! neat! and lovely dew! and I love Dolly of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to spend the day! The sunflower looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect.

    Are you planning a party for Labor Day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No better way to spend a day! xx

    ReplyDelete