The cool wind blew through my windows all day, tossing papers around and bringing a bit of chill into the house, but I was determined to put up with it; the day was so dry and beautiful, and the house will have to be shut up soon enough. But it was Very Windy. The mockingbird's song was not affected by the wind.
I went to Town Hall this evening because I've worked at the library for forty years. And every fall they recognize employees who are at their various milestones. If you stay in an interesting job, the time just goes by, I guess. Suzy Q, the director, took me out for dinner afterward. A special day.
What a wonderful day! Fresh and dry winds in the house, and recognition for your efforts, and dinner out!! You heard the mockingbird :-) Do you feel young? You are.
ReplyDeleteThat's so lovely! Including the 40 years 🥰
ReplyDelete