Thursday, March 21, 2024

cold and dry

 I was cooking one day, came into my room briefly, and realized I could hear a mockingbird not very far off. He was in our neighbor's apple tree! 


It's been cold the past few days - like we expect March to be - and my friend has been silent. Of course! He thought it was April, and it wasn't!

We got a new clothes dryer delivered today; I hope it will be half as good as the old one, which I hated to see go. But it was getting loud - the motor. We bought a very stripped-down model. No smart dryer for us, thanks. I have no problem telling it what to do. 

4 comments:

  1. My dryer has lost its abilities to sense anything, so I have to make decisions for it. I'm afraid it will next lose its ability to follow my instructions, and I hope it doesn't melt my clothes one day.

    Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. When our dryer stopped working (at Christmas!) three years ago after years of good service I wanted to replace it with a basic model but couldn't find one anywhere. I now have one which re-cycles the heat (?) and makes very odd noises while doing so. All household appliances are getting so complicated and have so many programmes I am never likely to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know some people like these improvements, but if the basic dryer has always worked, then I don't need a fancy one now. Christmas is not a nice time for a dryer to stop!

      Delete