Sunday, March 17, 2024

a pot full of vegetables


 It seems every year that I could never have a pot big enough to contain the corned beef, the potatoes, carrots and big cabbage wedges on St. Patrick's Day. I resent the potatoes, basically just a starch and taking up space better used by the vegetables, but what to do? 


Today I had the idea to cook the potatoes with their skins in another pot, and just mash them up, with lots of butter. Everybody would like that, and there'd be more room for the vegetables. This worked beautifully! I had cooked the meat yesterday, so I just increased the liquid and used that for the veg. I'll have to make a note of this.


We sang Be Thou My Vision at mass, and I felt very Irish singing this very obviously Irish melody.

Be thou my wisdom, and thou my true word;
I ever with thee and thou with me, Lord.

Amen

1 comment: