Sunday, November 12, 2023

The King of Love

 We sang this today at Mass. We have never sung it before, but I was very familiar with the melody - not sure how. 

The King of Love My Shepherd is

The King of love my shepherd is,
Whose goodness fails me never;
I nothing lack if I am his,
And he is mine forever.

Where streams of living water flow
With gentle care he leads me,
And where the verdant pastures grow,
With heav'nly food he feeds me.


We sang only two verses. Where have I heard this melody? It's a puzzle.


And so through all the length of days
Your goodness fails me never;
Good Shepherd, may I sing your praise
Within your house forever.


1 comment:

  1. I love this version of the 23rd Psalm! The tune is called St.Columba and it is based on an ancient Irish melody, if that is any help to you. Maybe the tune has been used with another hymn?

    ReplyDelete