Saturday, November 11, 2023

days go by

 I don't know where the days go. My brother had a birthday, and I've been in the kitchen a lot; I made a gingerbread cake for the celebration, and found a nice recipe for a vegetable pot pie, with butternut squash, carrot, peas, spinach - I used a turnip instead of a parsnip, because I had it - onion, celery. Very delicious! I gave him a throw/blanket.

I don't think the cats can ruin it very easily and it's quite washable. 


The Lord is our shepherd; nothing shall we want. 




5 comments:

  1. A belated happy birthday to your brother. That looks like a very well fed squirrel! We watched a grey squirrel strip our sweet chestnut of all its prickly-shelled nuts the other day. It took a few hours but all the fruit were taken away and hidden, some in a hole in our ditch (!!) and some over the other side of the lane where the squirrel lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been working very hard over here, too. I like watching them.

      Delete
  2. This is a comment on your 23rd Psalm post. It will not take a comment from me no way no how. Grrr.

    I've heard that for a long time, maybe sung from Protestant church hymnals... It still pops into my mind sometimes, though I haven't run across it for years.

    Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to think it was used as a theme to something on the radio, a while back. I know I've heard it, FREQUENTLY. But not at church. It's a melody that sticks with you.

      Delete
  3. I love the blanket - and the descriptions of your celebratory food are making me hungry!

    Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete