Saturday, August 19, 2023

wild mornings

 We had a lively thunderstorm yesterday morning while getting ready for work, the kind that makes you nervous about washing up but you know you've got to do it anyway. It was a typical summer storm but after the rainy July we had, the water was sitting in puddles around the back yard. My brother went out to look at the brook, and he said the water went over his shoes. The water in the lawn, that is, not the water in the brook.


And on the subject of water, I have to take the spray bottle to bed with me against the early mornings when Daisy goes after my feet. 


She's starting to get it.

6 comments:

  1. Nervous about washing up...? Do you mean because the power might go out in the middle of the job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Gretchen! It isn't safe to use running water or electricity during a thunderstorm, although it's hard to avoid the electricity, so I try to shut off as much as I can (everything but the fans!). https://bestlifeonline.com/what-you-should-never-do-during-a-thunderstorm/

      Delete
  2. I had to use a spray on one of my cats years ago to stop him ripping the carpet under the door to my daughter's bedroom when she was a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and cats do love our feet, don't they? We made the situation worse by playing 'rats in the bed' with them when they were young. Our own worst enemies, I'm afraid. Regarding the water spray; it worked up to a point. He used to want to come into the baby's room with me when I was putting her to bed and desperately wanted to join her in her cot. He began digging under the door and ripping the carpet so I used the spray. He hated it and then learnt to run off as soon as he heard me approach the door. He then realised he had lost that game so he then decided to put up with the spray. The first time I opened the door and saw that he had decided not to run away but was sitting there with his face all screwed up and his eyes closed ready for the spray I just couldn't do it. I did love him so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I laughed so much, Clare - rats in the bed! And he actually decided to buck up and take the spray so he could see the baby. How cute!

      Delete