Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Rye Spelt Flatbread

 Gretchen would like the recipe for flatbread I made yesterday.

You mix together: 150g spelt flour, 150g rye flour, 1 tsp. instant dry yeast, 1 tsp. sugar, 1 tsp. sea salt and 1 T. of cracked fennel or dill seeds.

Then stir in 150ml room-temp buttermilk and 2 T. nice oil. 

Knead until smooth and add 1 T. warm water. Let rise 30 mins. with damp cloth over it. Divide into ten balls, and roll each out to about 8 inches. Cook, one at a time, in a hot skillet with lid. Two minutes on each side. 

I had torn this out of a magazine, but don't remember which.


*I need to say that I didn't notice it called for instant yeast, and I used regular active dry. I didn't notice it called for a tablespoon of water at the end, but it needed something and I decided to add some regular flour to it, and then some water, until it felt right. As for the rising, it took longer than a half hour. But they came out well, and taste good!

No comments:

Post a Comment