Saturday, March 4, 2023

burrowing

 Our pretty snowfall melted on Thursday, as always is the way in March. But more came today, with some sleet mixed in, It wasn't as bad as it could have been; it didn't get cold enough to be icy. But it looks nice.


Indoors, I made this cake and froze it for Easter Sunday dessert. Today, though, I used a gluten-free flour and sugar substitute - not erythritol! bad stuff! - but an allulose/monk fruit mixture I've used before. The only sugar in it is from the chocolate chips I put in. I like to experiment with recipes I'm very familiar with, to see if we still like it with other ingredients. 

Meanwhile, Daisy continues to get into everything. This afternoon she tried to burrow underneath a throw on the back of a chair; I didn't move fast enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment