Tuesday, February 28, 2023

first real snow of the winter

 


Well, the last day of February, and we have our first *real* snowfall. And, contrary to what I expected, a snow day! The library and other town offices are closed for the day. I had really given up the idea of snow, and even the desire for it, but - here it is, and I do love to see it. But.......it does make one feel like we may be going back in time - to winter's beginning - which is not what we want for March!!

It isn't that much, at most five inches, and we are above freezing, so it won't last very long. The transformation will be of short duration; the magic will soon be gone.


My brother said the snow blower started right up. 

2 comments:

  1. A snowy day is much more enjoyable for me when I get to spend it at home. Glad you got the snow day in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have a picture of your brother and I now have some idea of how large your out-house/store-shed is! We had a light dusting of snow this morning - our first settled snow of the winter. It only lasted a couple of hours fortunately.

    ReplyDelete