Monday, October 31, 2022

Halloween count

When we go outside, Daisy will often go near the door, and it's difficult to come back in. I was dreading tonight, with all the kids coming by trick-or-treating, afraid she might try to run out. Well, she practically slept through the whole thing. I fed them as much as they wanted for supper, and she also had a vaccine today - whatever the reason, she was quiet and kept to herself. Even when she awoke, she had little interest. Whew!  Annie, on the other hand, growled at certain ones - we think it was the masks she didn't like; she seemed to like the princesses. There were many of those, with flowing hair in an assortment of colors - that seemed the main theme this year.

It was a very nice night to be out, mild with only a short spell of light raindrops. We bought plenty of candy, anticipating more kids than last time, since it seems to go up each year - except 2020 - but we had 139. About fifty less than last Halloween. 




4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of kids! I wish I could have given you my extra little packages of pretzels and fruit snacks... I had fewer than last year, too, and for me that meant about 25 total...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a bit off topic, but your mention of Annie growling at some of your trick or treaters makes me think of Freya, who walks around the house growling whenever I put a certain pair of shoes on. I guess she remembers they are the shoes I wear when I take her to the vet :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, if that's so, she is smart. And observant! But I have to laugh - she's really a handful!

      Delete