Monday, October 11, 2021

still around

 Well, I don't think I ever stayed away from blogging this long. My laptop finally stopped recognizing the wifi, so I had to buy a new one, which I'm sorting out. And even though I have a tablet, trying to type (sometimes) long posts would have been troublesome, so I just didn't bother. 

I had the week off, too, and did many things but couldn't share. It's looking like fall here, and has felt it sometimes but I think it's also warmer than normal - lots of temps in the seventies. But the trees are turning and this afternoon I picked a few little aster and goldenrod blossoms, along with some from the lovely hanging plant, and placed them carefully in some book pages to dry. I've never done this, but I have a project in mind, so we'll see how they come out.

9 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you ❤ a week off can be a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased you are okay though having to buy a new laptop is sometimes a bit of a headache! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just keep putting it off. :D

      Delete
    2. Putting off dealing with it, I mean. I did buy it, and I do like it!

      Delete
  3. I seem to spend less and less time at the computer, but today is raining so I got a blog post on and a chance to visit you. Sometimes when we leave blogging too long, and think about trying to catch up, it all gets a bit much, at least for me it does. I feel much better if I can get a post on at last once a week, but it doesn't always happen.
    Have you left Instagram?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, about a month ago, Instagram "told" me they wanted me to verify my account and give them my cell phone number so they could send a code, etc.. The reason being unusual or increased activity - something like that. That turned me off for a while but last week I thought maybe I'd do it, but the cell phone isn't working and it's just not a priority for me, so I leave it. :D But, increased activity? Isn't that the point on Instagram? I assume what they don't approve of are my "likes" on conservative accounts.
      I heard the other day that they have banned natural immunity as a hashtag. Really? It's disgusting.

      Delete
    2. And you're right about it being too much when you're gone from it awhile! I haven't tried loading any photos on it yet, so I avoid the situation.....

      Delete
    3. That sounds like a strange message from Instagram. I don't think I've been ask for anything like that. But maybe because I already have a Facebook account, even though I don't use it. I don't like Facebook!! I do still enjoy Instagram, but only spend maybe 5 - 10 minutes a day on it. I don't follow many accounts :)

      Delete