Wednesday, September 29, 2021

"pumpkin" scones

 I bought a calabaza squash at the supermarket; it was pretty big. After roasting it whole, it was well cooked inside after only an hour and a half. 


I then scooped up the flesh into a Very Large container, which it filled, and we had some with our roast the next day - it only needed some butter. There was a lot left.

So many seeds in that thing, I thought I should save them -


they should make a nice addition to granola. So then I found a pumpkin scone recipe. It barely made a dent. 


Really good! (But the orangey color isn't so appealing, is it?)  Still, it's really kind of fun to have the challenge of using up this squash. Next, probably a pumpkin bread.

1 comment:

  1. I think the scone looks fine - I quite like the orange colour. How enterprising of you to think of so many ways to finish the squash!

    ReplyDelete