Saturday, August 21, 2021

a hurricane cometh

Well, I don't mean to joke about it;  it's heading right for us. Technically, there's a hurricane warning at the coast - we inlanders have a tropical storm warning, but still. A lot of rain, a lot of wind. In these situations I like to cook as much stuff as possible, to have some food in a state of readiness, so to speak. I grated a huge zucchini our neighbor gave us and made a chocolate zucchini cake. I also put handfuls of it into our mac and cheese and there are still eight cups left; it filled a whole mixing bowl.


I've got some bread in the oven and there's a chicken that's defrosted - I'd like to cook it ahead of time. Maybe in the early morning. It might be nice to have some flavored popcorn. All the laundry is done, except for some towels I've been using this evening. 

 Two days ago we had a spell of torrential rain, and I got my camera. What looked like a small river was rushing along the side yard, to the street.


 Then I stood on the back step, and could see the water flowing right up under the bridge.


So, here we go again - I just hope it doesn't flood our property. 

5 comments:

  1. I hope you are safe and that not too much damage has been caused by the wind and rain. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare, it's over now, and Nothing like predicted - thank God!! It moved further east, and it ended up raining hard for a while, and being very breezy. There will be some residual rain, but I am relieved.

      Delete
    2. Thank God! I am so pleased you are okay <3

      Delete
  2. I hope you stay safe and cozy--and well fed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth. It kind of petered out, and we were fortunate.

      Delete