Thursday, July 1, 2021

books and a project

This is my book pile this month.



Piranesi I'm reading along with Joy Clarkson's podcast. It's interesting, and strange. Apparently there's a connection with The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, so I found a copy in the children's section at the library, of all places. The complete poem, and with illustrations!

I just read Antigone with the Literary Life podcast; A Circle of Quiet is with another group. The Dean's Watch is just for me, but that will be slow going. 

On top is the shift I started last summer. I'm doing the armhole and neck binding. And after hemming, there's some lace I hope to use for a faux collar of sorts.

6 comments:

  1. Fun! I am aware of Joy's bookclub and the P book! I have heard great things about it! The Circle of Quiet is lovely as is The Dean's Watch 💖 fun sewing project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried The Dean's Watch a few months ago and found it heavy, which surprised me - so many people love it! But now, it seems lovely, so it's better to read a thing when you're ready.

      Delete
  2. You are definitely keeping yourself busy! The shift material looks familiar - did you post a picture of it last year? I've not read any of the books in your pile except I do know the Rime of the AM <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I could have finished it last year, but Cyndi told me to stop. I was planning a lace collar (of sorts) for it and she had bought me some collars. But they aren't suitable for this dress, and the lace I have goes very nicely with the fabric, so now I can finish it up.

      Delete
    2. Good! I love the pattern and colour of the material :)

      Delete
    3. It's rather old-fashioned looking to me, like an old wallpaper.

      Delete