Tuesday, September 15, 2020

some lace is always nice

A couple of years ago I was at a local consignment shop and they had a long, narrow table. Since I have a thing for long, narrow tables and this was a deal I bought it. I finagled it into my room where it's used as a desk, more or less. 

I never used to mind laying out my fabric on the floor for cutting but now I'd rather not. The kitchen table isn't always available, but the other day it dawned on me I could clear off the table and use it. It worked great!


It is the same a-line, over the head dress I've made so many times. Sleeveless again this time, but I've got an idea for some sort of a lace collar and it took me a while to find the lace. (Actually, the other day I was aggravated that I didn't recall where it was and I said, "Guardian Angel, where the heck is that lace?" or something to that effect and then looked up to see some jars above me where I'd put it. That's how they work - they give you an inspiration.) Anyway, the lace above is an ecru and salmon which doesn't show up well here. Something I bought many years ago and it looks very pretty with this fabric. And here is my Pinterest board where I've put a few images of what I'm thinking of, either a lace at the neck or on the hem. 

So, I've got to play around with it and decide. And maybe I'll ask Cyndi, who sews way better than I do.

7 comments:

  1. oh that is really nice. I love reading snippets of your life... peaceful vignettes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lace! It adds elegance to clothes and one is never too old to wear lace! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my sewing machine out yesterday for the first time in over a year, and remodelled a dress into a skirt. It's been on the list for awhile so it's good to get it crossed off and gain inspiration for more sewing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought two tables this summer, to be used upstairs as work tables eventually... maybe for sewing, or writing. Can't have too many tables when you have Projects!

    I always love seeing your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to put this project aside in favor of my mending pile. :)

      Delete