Tuesday, October 13, 2020

a warm light over all

 Today was very dark and gloomy, with rain pouring at times. But we know this water is needed rather desperately, so no complaining. After, when I came home from work and was moving about the kitchen, my eye kept going outside to the bright swamp maple all orangey, and another maple still green, but with many red-tipped leaves. And the light was yellow-ish - not eerie, not really golden, but a soft yellow tinge over everything. So I took a picture.


I don't think this photo really captures it, but it's all I've got. You'll just have to take my word for it. 

6 comments:

  1. Photos never have quite the same effect as the real thing, but your tree still looks beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so lovely, with the brightening effect of the water. Thank you! (I added it to my screen saver folder: Art. :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how it'll hold up to scrutiny when it's enlarged, Gretchen! There's a nice site called Pixabay where you can get lovely images for free - I use it for my computer at work.

      Delete
  3. Your photo looks lovely and you describe it all so well <3

    ReplyDelete