Monday, October 12, 2020

a better acquaintance with the slow cooker

 My crock-pot is an older model, but it still works fine. I recently had the notion to utilize it more, not only for slow cooked recipes but also adapting others. 


So, I read the little booklet and learned what I need to know for adapting recipes. I find it preferable to not have so much kitchen work at the end of the day, after doing housework; to have most of it done is such a relief. 

Anyway, I adapted an apple cider chicken recipe, which was nice, but I made it again with some ingredient changes and that was even better! Thursday I think I'll use the pot for beef stew. 

2 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to get one of these for ages! I am pleased you are enjoying using yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some beef today to make a stew/casserole in my crock-pot tomorrow :) xx

    ReplyDelete