Monday, May 11, 2020

weather

After the warmth of the previous weekend I expected things were taking a turn, but the weatherman is still saying we are twenty degrees cooler than normal.

I wore my sandals to work Friday; Saturday I could have worn my boots. In mid-day, while the sun shone, it snowed.


And then it squalled after dark with more snow. I'm talking about May 9th! But I believe things may be improving near the end of this week.

Meanwhile, today we had a couple of thunderstorms, with rain and sun together, which made me look for the rainbow. And there it was, through the raindrops on the windowpane.


Where I live, May is the month when the weather starts turning warmer, and you know that there's no going back. At least, that's how it's supposed to be.

6 comments:

  1. My daughter in Wisconsin said it was an odd Mother's Day, with *snow*, and no church. (But she said it was a lovely day!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such strange weather! I love your shot of the rainbow against those purple-grey clouds! We had warm, summer weather last week but it all changed for the worse on Sunday with strong, cold northerly winds and some rain, but no snow (we don't expect snow any more, even during the depths of winter). It is still cold today - dry, cloudy and breezy. All our summer bird visitors have arrived now; we are listening to the turtle dove today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The turtle dove - we have those. We call them mourning doves, but I think they're the same.

      Delete
  3. Lisa, this is May in Colorado too. We will have a good amount of rainy and cool days, but interspersed are sunny and hot (not warm) days. Then all of a sudden it is summer! I love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "All of a sudden it's summer" - yes! We seem to be there now, or almost. Well, at least it's warmer, finally.

      Delete