Saturday, January 18, 2020

mending a favorite scarf

My beloved multi-colored Garnet Hill wool scarf has a hole. It's crocheted with fine yarn and for a month I've been putting off trying to repair it.


What was holding me back was the thought of trying to crochet it back together with a very small metal hook - I'm not a great crocheter. But after looking at it, an embroidery needle will do the trick and that doesn't scare me at all. And it just so happens that I've got yarn in a very close color!

5 comments:

  1. I was going to suggest an embroidery/wool needle. Great minds... :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! It looks like a beautiful scarf. My new Irish sweater recently had a seemingly broken yarn hanging out, which upset me so much. My expert knitter friend was due to visit last week, so I waited to ask her; I knew she would be able to mend it. But she determined that it was just the tied-off end of yarn that merely needed to be pulled to the inside again, so I was quite happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very nice, Lisa! Both the scarf and your finding a solution.

    ReplyDelete