Monday, January 20, 2020

January talk

When I was a child the weatherman would speak of a January thaw, which meant, of course, temperatures above freezing, in the forties and maybe fifties. You rarely hear them use the word anymore; we have had some very cold days this winter, but then it goes back up to the forties.


We had some lovely snow Saturday night. And that's how it's supposed to be in January where I live: snow often, and temps in the thirties, or colder. I prefer it to be the way it should be, but I have to say that last Sunday, the 12th, was well into the sixties, and absolutely dreamy. If only Easter could be so nice!

5 comments:

  1. I know! It was crazy warm a week ago here too! now cold again! I am with you at wanting cold in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather is very odd these days. We used to get snow regularly every winter and now we don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole month has been a January thaw for us. Winter will return with a vengeance soon enough, but for now, we are soaking in all the warmth and sunshine to sustain us in the future. Like you, we are missing the snow and cold, though!

    ReplyDelete