Saturday, December 28, 2019

decoration alteration

My brother's little rustic tree which I always put in the kitchen is really a tangle of raffia or long straw. I decided to trim it while still keeping its character.


It's hard to tell, but believe me - it looks much better. And I saved the excess for the Baby.



I had to put this nativity out of the reach of certain furry persons who shan't be named, but I like the new set-up. I also moved the woodland Madonna painting to the kitchen corner cabinet.


It looks very pretty there, but I've twice found the above right-hand tree on the floor.


the responsible party, caught red-handed but too fast to be photographed

As for the tree, I found more paper and cloth ornaments that I expected to, and it didn't look bad until the orphan started taking things down. When I hang them up again they seem to end up higher than before and today I noticed that it's all bare on the lower third, which makes it look very odd. 


5 comments:

  1. Naughty furry person! :D We have had my daughter's cat Mona with us this Christmas as Alice couldn't find anyone to feed her(Mona!) over the holiday. It has been lovely to have a cat in the house again and she has been so good! She coped well with a long train journey and then had a new house to get to know. They go back home tomorrow and I will miss them very much :(
    I always like to see your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you, Clare. :) Mona sounds like a very good-tempered kitty.

      Delete
  2. I've never had a kitten, but it sounds like a thrill a minute. ;) This is all lovely, Lisa. The painting does look good nestled among your other natural pretties too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A thrill a minute is one way of putting it, Val. :D I was thinking I should email a photo of it to Heather Sleightholm - I do love, love, love this painting.

      Delete
  3. Hilarious! Lisa, despite the humor of the kitten, the loveliness of your home is just wonderful. I love seeing the nooks and corners.

    ReplyDelete