Sunday, December 29, 2019

festive look for the front door

I find that I'm often drawn to American folk art type things. I bought this felt house ornament at a friend's annual craft event. It's a good size, larger than the usual thing you hang on the tree. I've been looking at it, wondering where it might belong.

I had thought about making a wreath again this year, after last year's success, but I don't know. I'd have to put Annie in another room, shut up, while I worked on it; I'm not sure I want to do that. Meanwhile, I bought this little fall-type wreath at the thrift store earlier in the month, so I hung it up. But it's small. I suddenly thought to hang the felt house with it.

the door knocker is visible underneath - it's a musical note
I like it!

3 comments:

  1. I like that very much, too.

    Merry Christmas, Lisa! God is with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect, Lisa! Kismet! And not having to put Annie in another room is always good, too.

    ReplyDelete