Thursday, September 26, 2019

dizzy inside, sparkly out


The weather has been terrific this week, but my sinuses are terrible, so I'm inside for the most part, with a stuffed head but of course the windows are open anyway - who could resist? Yesterday after having a cup of tea (green tea!) I became off-balance for the rest of the day, almost dizzy.  No tea now for a while. (is tea related to ragweed?) But I still appreciate the beauty of these perfect days. There is a difference between a breezy summer day and a breezy autumn day. The rustling of the trees sounds different. And the sparkle in the air when the sun is out is only there at this time of year.

I'm not sure that sparkle is quite the right word, since it also seems like one is looking through a very thin veil of something which makes it slightly less clear, but more glimmery. And maybe you think I've got an overactive imagination.


I figured out how I'll do my quilting on this thing, finally. I don't think I'll change my mind anymore after this; the third time is the charm. I'm happy with it, but more stitching will have to come out (again).

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well recently, Lisa! Vertigo is horrible and blocked sinuses and ears can set it off. My mother had two days recently when she could hardly move without dizziness.
    I'm pleased you've made a decision about your quilt <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry about your mother, Clare! It's worse when you're older, of course. Today the weather is much cooler and I am better by far, though still blocked up. I'm getting rather accustomed to that, unfortunately and I can't take antihistamines.

      Delete
  2. Lisa, I know just what you are trying to say about autumn light. It is shimmery. I'm at a loss for words to describe it, but you do it quite well. It is beautiful!

    It is no fun at all having allergies or sinus issues this time of year.

    Can't wait to hear about the quilt. They take time, but it is worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny. I'm glad I got it right! :)

      Delete