Sunday, December 16, 2018

down like showers

He shall come down like showers
Upon the fruitful earth;
And joy, and hope, like flowers,
Spring in his path to birth.
Before him, on the mountains,
Shall peace, the herald, go,
And righteousness, in fountains,
From hill to valley flow.

- from Magnificat, December, 2018




"Lo, I am sending my messenger before me; and suddenly there will come to the temple the Lord whom you seek, and the messenger of the covenant whom you desire. Yes, he is coming, says the Lord of hosts."

                                                    -  Malachi 3:1

4 comments:

  1. lovely verses!

    ps: wrote back to your question on my blog - https://eroosje.blogspot.com/2014/12/baking-home-christmas-cranberry.html will give you a start but to see all I did, see my comment in response to yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have quoted another of my favourite hymns - the third verse of 'Hail to the Lord's Annointed'!

    ReplyDelete