Friday, December 14, 2018

a jolly supper

I went to Boston the other day with a friend. At the Museum of Fine Art we saw many wonderful things, and one strange thing. An old Last Supper, it struck me right away as different from any other. I called my friend over.


She said, "They look very jolly!" I said, "You can tell they're Italian." (I can say that.)

the Four Tenors?

I thought about this post - am I being irreverent? About this piece of art, yes; about the real Last Supper, (which can't have been like this), no. 

2 comments:

  1. I think it's appropriate to be lighthearted about a piece of art that is lighthearted, without judging whether it is appropriate for the subject -- in this case, our Lord's last meal with his disciples before his Passion -- to be treated so. Just off the top of my head!

    ReplyDelete