Sunday, June 17, 2012

June {p,h,f,r}

During the past week, I've been working on binding my quilt, which is a conglomeration of some pretty fabrics and colors

my stitches are too big, I think

What is nicer than opening a window first thing in the morning to a wonderful cool breeze wanting to come in?  Puts one in a happy frame of mind right away.




My lettuces are really bolting. But I've been enjoying my gardening adventures - I've never grown vegetables before.  

The picture below may be funny to seasoned gardeners - I planted too many beet seeds in this pot, knowing that I'd be thinning them out. But I did enjoy some tasty beet greens in my salad yesterday.




 Thanks to Leila and her family at this joyful time.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Lisa

    the breeze coming through the window
    looks soft and comforting.

    I love the pretty colours you have shown us
    and great that you got your beets.

    Have a good week ahead

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. More lovely fabrics revealed, and I love the raseberry binding,such a bright, happy colour, looking forward to seeing the whole quilt soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies. Margaret - I'm hurrying, I'm hurrying! :)

    ReplyDelete