Thursday, October 27, 2011

warm hands, wet chives

It's Thursday again, and I'm joining Leila and Rosie for their {p,f,h,r} -


This is my {pretty} - some merino wool I got for a pair of hand warmers. Looks like a little pumpkin, doesn't it?  

And this is my {happy} - hand warmers which I just finished last night


The same yarn, got on sale from Jimmy Beans Wool for four dollars and something a skein!   For the next pair, I'm going to alter the pattern a bit.   We're definitely in the weather for these things - today it's in the 40s.


I was also {happy} for my hot cereal on a day like this.  Kasha with raisins.

The {real}ity of leaving things until almost the last minute caused me to end up with a load of wet chives, gathered in the rain, and too wet to do anything with but let them dry in the oven. Which seems to be working out nicely; warming the kitchen and spreading their lovely aroma - not too oniony, just nice.


Thank you, Rosie and Leila!



round button chicken

5 comments:

  1. Hmm! I bet those chives smell good.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wool colors. I would love to knit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least your chives are indoors! Mine are growing in the ground, and it's raining, and it's almost dark, and it's supposed to freeze tonight. Happily, chives will usually survive a bit of a freeze, and if I don't get them cut soon, I can be comforted that they'll be one of the first herbs to re-emerge next spring.

    (I found you through LM,LD's blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh chives are amazing, aren't they? I never knew how excellent they were until I had a few plants of them this year.

    The warm cereal not only looks good, but the plate is beautiful! And, that pattern-it's knit sideways, no? Now that I think I can handle. It IS cold enough for those gorgeous handwarmers. I put the flannel sheets on the bed this week, and the winter quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the handwarmers. Would you please bring me the pattern? I must make some Christmas presents for a couple of young ladies and these would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete