Saturday, October 29, 2011

October Saturday




when it started -

I geared up and crept outside -




the fastest apple crisp I ever made - didn't bother peeling - the power had blipped too many times. It's delicious, if I say so myself. Why have I ever bothered peeling apples for crisp?  No more!

We have a lot more snow now - it's bowing down our trees and I'm watching our lovely cherry in the front yard and our little Japanese maple. There's a tree right near the shed and it's hanging over rather heavily. Every now and then you hear a crack outside.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful outdoor pictures, Lisa.

    I never peel apples for anything. My mom always does, so I had to peel a bunch last time I was home for her apple crumb pie, even though I said "Pleaaaaaaaaase...!?" :)

    That ball of orange yarn is just so cozy-looking and pretty. :) I love balls of yarn and baskets of yarn. I have to keep my ribbons and things like that up on top of a shelf here or Stuffed would get into them, but I'd love to have a big basket of yarns and things by a chair here. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do prefer them peeled, but for crisp it's so much faster that I think I'm going to continue it. For pies I'm more fussy and will peel them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom still laughingly complains about how her favorite aunt always made her de-seed the grapes for the fruit salad at holidays. "Uhhh, Aunt Ann, they DO have seedless grapes!" Mom brings this up every time a fruit salad is in the works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm no peeling? I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, try it when you're in a hurry - it saves so. much. time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of leaving the peels on. Revolutionary.

    ReplyDelete