Thursday, July 11, 2024

finishing


 "Something about a robin makes me feel he/she would be very good on committees."

                                                  -  Gladys Taber

I am almost finished with my blue lawn skirt; the elastic is pulled through the channel and the hem is basted and pressed. I'm not sure I like the elastic waist, though. So, I may switch to a waistband - I'll think about it.


I harvested a small cabbage from my garden for dinner today! A customer of my brother's gave us five of the plants and I took one. My garden is a mess, but the one bed where I actually have things planted is growing like crazy! I'm thrilled.


I finished To Kill a Mockingbird with Close Reads - it just so happens it was published on this date in 1960. The conversation on the podcast was enjoyable, and we all agree that every page was beautifully written, and frankly, couldn't be improved upon. Another of the modern American classics, like The Great Gatsby, which I read last summer. I wouldn't read Gatsby again, but this one I would.

1 comment:

  1. "Every page was beautifully written..." -- It is a joy to encounter such a book!

    Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete