Thursday, June 13, 2024

summer approaches

 The birds are quieter, the fireflies are increasing and a mockingbird sang a brief concert on the power line. The air gets more humid, but nights are still pleasant; the rabbits are more used to our human noises - there was one out my window yesterday afternoon while my neighbor was mowing nearby! 

My little garden crops are getting bigger and there aren't any weeds due to the grass clippings all around.

My dress needs the side seams sewn and then it will look like something. I wake up with the sun in the mornings, but am too tired at the other end of the day.

I want to plan a menu for the longest day of the year, which is next week. It's supposed to be hot. I'll have to take that into consideration.


I suppose I could start the day with pancakes.
  

2 comments:

  1. Yum, those pancakes look good! We'll be celebrating the shortest day of the year :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I cannot get used to that idea, but I guess I don't need to be used to it, since I don't live "down there"! :D

      Delete