Sunday, July 2, 2023

Sunday ups and downs

 Today during Mass one of the hymns was a surprise. Several years ago a local radio station played the top forty Christian songs every week, until we stopped listening - I never liked any of them, not liking popular Christian music. Except one, and every time it came on the radio would get turned up. And it's found its way into our hymnal.

And then we sang America the Beautiful at the end. But when, in the second verse it says, Confirm thy soul in self-control, I got too choked up - this seems like a lost concept now.

3 comments:

  1. It is difficult to see the losses in our country

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that when I first heard it, too, but have never seen it in a hymnal. Something new

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked that song when I first heard it, too, but have never seen it in a hymnal. Something new

    ReplyDelete