Thursday, June 15, 2023

the in-between of things

 We've got two bunnies in the yard. One little, one big. What is the fascination with these creatures? I look for them every day. They are quiet, they seem content with their grazing. (of course, wild animals have to spend most of their time eating, or looking for food)


The solid blue fabric in the photo is a medium weight linen I was cutting out today; I'm thinking of a dress. 


Basically, the sleeveless one on the left. I'm not using a contrast fabric for the side panels, and I hope it'll be a little longer than the picture. I'll make a narrower hem. But I have the fabric, I have the pattern, and I've been seeing this style here and there. 


this one's a knit, but that's neither here nor there. I forget where I saw the other, but the v-neck, sleeveless, a-line style is out there. So, I'll give it a go. And I am trying to finish quilting the summer throw I started last year. Trying to use my creativity.


7 comments:

  1. The more creativity you use, the more you get…or something like that from a quote I read somewhere. I love the linen and the pattern. Mary @Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fabric and a nice summery dress design <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. a linen dress sounds perfect for the summer! I am currently making a sleepdress/ short nightgown out of a rayon (I think, or lawn cotton) that I had in my stash. I am using a polyester nightgown I already have and like the shape of but it doesn't breathe at night. I plan to trace around it. It is a really simple piece (I hope).

    We have found twin bunnies with their parents and caught a glimpse of twin fawns earlier in the week. We see the mama daily. It is special to see the small animal babies.

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never have deer regularly here, but have had them with much excitement a few times. Good luck with the nightie - I hope it's lawn you've got. That will be perfect!

      Delete
  4. So it's not just me keeping an eye on the comings and goings of my bunny neighbors? Matt even made up a little song about our favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete