Monday, June 6, 2022

wondering

We wondered about the reason for fewer cars at the supermarket. But it was crowded inside - funny. We tried to figure out why so many were shopping - it wasn't a holiday. Well, not here, at least! But maybe there are some anglophiles in town who were planning to celebrate this weekend in honor of the Queen. I bumped into this on youtube and enjoyed it. I didn't realize Her Majesty was deliberately wearing bright colors with hats to match, so she could be easily spotted in a group. Very practical, but if you watch the video, note the harlequin dress  - very unusual, but pretty! 

A mockingbird was singing madly in the parking lot, but he was far off and I couldn't spot him. I appreciate his hard work. There hasn't been one singing in our neighborhood yet, but now that we've got some fruit trees planted, maybe they will come around more often. They're not seed eaters, but like fruit (and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches in winter). My brother has planted a white crabapple and a purple-leafed plum tree. Another cherry way in back, though ornamental like the one in the front yard. Some hollies - one or two - and a few box. I was mistaken before about the holly he planted a few weeks ago - they are box, but we have hollies now. I hope they all do well. My hanging plant is doing very well.


I sat on the front step this evening, trying to read a while, and some wind came up. Nearby was the cherry tree and the Japanese maple, my neighbor's maple past the forsythia hedge, and some tall trees across the street. I saw the neighbor's upper leaves blowing in the ripply way you can see in the summer, and then our Japanese maple moved. That was it. It didn't spread to the cherry close by, or go across the street. It was a strong breeze, but only where it was. Not where it wasn't. It made me wonder about the wind. Where it stops, where it starts. How "thin" it might be, or wide. I have no answers. 

I have taken two fabrics, put them together, and am quilting them.  I didn't put any layer in between, and I'm sure you're wondering why. For now we'll see how it comes along, but I'm enjoying the process.


The Easter season is over, with the celebration of Pentecost yesterday. 

"The wind blows where it wills and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know whence it comes of whither it goes; so it is with everyone who is born of the spirit."

                                                       -  John 3:8



No comments:

Post a Comment