Tuesday, March 14, 2023

another snow day

The weather people said a big snowfall was coming, from Monday, through Wednesday. It would start with rain, then snow mixed in, until the real snow began - six to ten inches predicted. 

After raining most of the night, snow was supposed falling around eight this morning and continue heavily all day. Our town offices decided yesterday afternoon to close for the day.

I waited all morning for the snow to commence, for that cozy feeling to come. But Accuweather kept changing the snow times: to eleven, twelve, then two. I couldn't see any whiteness in the sky that always precedes a snowfall; it was just rainy, gray and overcast; I was not convinced we'd have snow at all! Finally it did begin in earnest around three thirty. 

The ground is very wet, and it's a few degrees above freezing; it isn't likely we'll get six inches. The businesses which closed could have stayed open. Other parts of New England did get hit hard. But here, it was nice to have an extra day off.


I made some rye bread, and did a bit of knitting. It was restful and quiet, and I appreciated it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little late coming for a visit, but I'm glad I did, because you reminded me that I want to start some sourdough starter. I gave up on baking bread for three years, thinking that was the end -- but I can't do without it any longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha - funny! But there is something about making bread.

      Delete