Monday, January 16, 2023

citizen scientist

 


She runs over to watch when I buzz the stuff off my sweater; she flies into the bathroom if she hears the water running and the door's open. Just now my brother is writing something on a pad in his lap, and he said she was watching; he said she noticed that the pen was making marks on the paper. That's interesting! When the water runs into the sink, she is focused on the water that accumulates, not on the stream coming down. So it's very intriguing to me that she is looking at the result - if you can put it that way (with the sweaters, I'm not sure what she's observing). 

I told her she's just like Aristotle.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't she fascinating! I love the way you and your brother are so aware of and appreciative of what she is like. I can see what you mean; most cats will look at moving water and want to drink it or play with it. I have known cats hit my pen as I write but I've never known them look at my writing. What a little treasure she is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say he was the one who noticed it, but now I can see it. He said she was pawing on the page, at the marks the pen left!

      Delete