Monday, November 7, 2022

success and failure

 So, I've slept the past two nights with an open window. It's November! That will end tonight, when it goes back to the thirties and in the fifties during the day. But while we still have it, it's wonderful (even though I have a headache).

Dianne's cat had to be put down; the vet said his insides were all twisted up. So unfortunate. Meanwhile, this big dog attacked a small dog on Friday while his owner was walking him. This little dog will be all right, thank God! Animal Control has been at the owner's house a couple of times, I hear. I hope this fellow will learn how to curb his pet. I called another neighbor who's got a small dog, to warn her. Such unnecessary drama. But I feel bad for Dianne, since her hopes had gotten up when her cat reappeared like that, and Bill told me another of their cats passed away without warning around the same time - her cats are all of a certain age. 

The window over the kitchen sink is clean!! It's harder every year to get in that sink and try to maneuver in order to wash that window - my brother helped out a little. It's done!


He had run over a butternut squash a couple of weeks ago, and we thought that was the only one; they have a way of wanting to grow outside the fence into the grass. But today he found three smaller ones - with goudges on them from either the mower or some garden implement, but we're very happy to have them! I'll cook them soon, because of their condition. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh dear that big dog sounds like Trouble πŸ₯ΊπŸ€”πŸ˜• so sorry about the cats 🐈 ❤️ yay for squash and clean windows! I dream one day of having a window over the kitchen sink!!πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, let me give you some advice: a window over the sink is no good unless you can reach it easily and comfortably. Make Sure you can do those things before you get excited about a window over the sink! :D I was just thinking today that we NEVER open it, because I just can't. I can't reach over, and getting on a chair would still be too far away from the window - well, what I'm saying is it's impossible.

      Delete