Saturday, September 10, 2022

September things

 Oh, this morning - the golden light, the stillness. And the insects, whatever they are, always bzzzing in that background way that you almost don't notice, except that they weren't doing it earlier in the summer. Which means it's late summer. I don't think I mind it; I am tired of hot days and too much humidity.

A bunch of blackbirds came through afterword - they can't be getting ready to go back to wherever, can they? 


Three of my co-workers yesterday presented me with a heartfelt card and statuette of an angel holding a cat. I was fine until this episode, and then got teary-eyed. How kind. 

I've been thinking of Dolly in some sort of eternity, and hoping she's met Dave Brubeck by now. And Paul Desmond. I happened upon this old post which illustrates Dolly's appreciation for jazz, if you can stand it.




2 comments:

  1. I just love the thought of your Dolly in the next life with Dave Brubeck! Heaven wouldn't be heaven without the things/people/creatures we love.

    ReplyDelete