Friday, July 8, 2022

getting back to sewing

 I'm working on a summery blouse - Butterick 6455. The fabric is a soft, light yellow gauze type, with a stripe design. I bought it on a whim, and wondered for a few years what on earth to do with it. But it seems well suited to a peasant style top. I am making view A, with the ruffle on the sleeves and the hem. 


Wouldn't you know, when I cut out the sleeves, I mis-cut one of them, so I'll have to find a way to adjust. I do this kind of thing often. But I hope it will look well in the end.

4 comments:

  1. That's a nice pattern! I would do the shorter sleeves, too. I have a blouse with big flowy sleeves and they won't roll up, so I can't wear it if I will be doing any kind of work where the sleeves will interfere. Basically that means I rarely wear it.

    I love your fabric, too!

    GretchenJoanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty 🥰🤩 I am sure you can make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes, it's got a silver thread running through it.

      Delete