Thursday, April 28, 2022

losing a friend

 A month ago, my friend Cyndi called - I hadn't heard from her for a while; we hadn't exchanged Christmas and birthday gifts, and I couldn't get replies to any emails. She told me she had pancreatic cancer. They gave her two weeks. 

I was stunned for a week. At least. She passed away on Monday. Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord. Let perpetual light shine upon her, and may she rest in peace. Amen.

Around fifteen years ago, her beloved brother Bob died in his sleep - he was in his fifties. Four years ago her husband who had severe MS, shot himself at home, while she was there. She had to deal with the horror of that for a while. 

We were friends for almost fifty years. It's going to take a while to get used to.

8 comments:

  1. Half a century of friendship. Losing her must be a tremendous blow. Sending condolences to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elsa Louise. I appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  2. hi, I am a fairly new reader to your blog and I can't remember how I found you. But I too have lost a friend this year. A dear friend of mine, who was my college roommate, died unexpectedly from a pulmonary embolism. She was pregnant and had 2 other children and her husband. It was very sudden. As well, several years ago, my father in law was given 6 months to live with a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, but lived about 6 weeks. I am very sorry for the loss of your friend - sudden or a little time, it is no easier, and stings just as bad. I have found that I have been recalling some of the memories of the past 18 years of friendship (certainly not 50 years, God Bless it), but memories that I have not thought about on a regular basis. I will keep in prayer the repose of your friend's soul, as well as for all she leaves behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Cyndi and I had a chance to reminisce a little, and were glad to be remembering some things. I thank you for your sympathetic remarks, Sonrie! And I'm very sorry you lost your friend - what a shock, not only for you, but her poor children and husband. Thank you for commenting. :)

      Delete
  3. Dear Lisa, I am so sorry to see that your friend has died. What sorrows she had to face in recent years! Poor lady <3 I am sure it will take some time for you to come to terms with your loss but I am also sure that she is now free of pain and darkness and is resting in the peace and beauty of heaven. My prayers are with you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending love and prayers to you Lisa, at the sad loss of your dear friend. xx

    ReplyDelete