Thursday, December 9, 2021

a short conversation

 The phone rang. I picked it up.

me: Hello?

OP (the other person): Who's this?

me: Hello?!

OP: Who is this?

me: Did you call me?

OP: This is a call-back. I'm calling you back!

me: I didn't call you!

OP: I got a call from this number; I'm calling you back!!

me: I did not call you!

OP: Then, why is this number showing up on my phone?

me: Because certain people have software that does this to be funny  - I assure you, I did not call you. So, anyway, whoever you are, have a nice evening!

OP: And you, as well!

me: Good-bye!

OP: Good-bye!

This has happened before. Maybe with caller ID it's not an issue, but this phone I used doesn't have it. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Lisa! I've missed you. I've been away due to the death of my husband in July. I'm really looking forward to catching up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny!! I was thinking of you just last week, and wondering. But I'm so terribly sorry about your husband's death. God keep you. xo

      Delete