Thursday, November 18, 2021

happy day

 Today was the dreamiest of days! Well up into the sixties and bright sun. Windows were opened, fresh air was welcomed in! A day to be remembered.

I had noticed a few days ago that the cherry tree turned yellow overnight. Now, it's golden, and the Japanese maple's leaves are brilliant red; the sun was shining through them today making them look like jewels. I tried again to capture some reds with the camera.


Better, but not good enough. I tell you, it was like a tree of rubies. Anyway, I stayed out as long as I could think of things to do - I cut back the leggy canes on the roses, since they'll break under the first heavy snow without the pruning. I swept around the foundation to remove dead grass and spider webs, and pulled a few weeds. 

I was thinking the beautiful day was going to take me away from my plans to make curtains for the living room, but I managed it. A happy day.

3 comments:

  1. Days like this are such a gift ❤🍁

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! <3 <3 Most of our leaves have dropped now but it is still quite mild and we have seen the sun a few times this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely! The perfect autumn day :)

    ReplyDelete