Thursday, August 12, 2021

gifts

 


I think these tomatoes are beautiful, even though a bit gnarly. They're not ours. All the rain last month was too much for several of our plants; not the best gardening year for us.

I made a zip pouch today, using a different method and I like it much better. 


The previous one had hand stitching near the zipper, and kept getting caught in it - this is neater. The lining is from an old skirt of my mother's and the print is from Debra. I think the green zipper makes a nice color combination.

I'm finishing up A Circle of Quiet, and here she's talking about how we want to excuse ourselves when we do something wrong:

"We need to be forgiven:
     we need to be forgiven in this grey atmosphere which clogs the lungs [c1972] so that we cannot breathe, and breathless, spiritless, can no longer discern what is right and what is wrong, what is our right hand and what is our left, what is justice and what tyranny, what is life and what is death.
      I heard a man of brilliance cry out that God has withdrawn from nations when they have turned from Him, and surely we are a stiff-necked people; why should He not withdraw?"

                                                       - Madeleine L'Engle

1 comment:

  1. I like those gnarly tomatoes, too. Are they what is called 'beefsteak' tomatoes? The zip pouch is really attractive - I love the green-coloured zip you have used.

    ReplyDelete