Tuesday, May 4, 2021

tree blossoms


 When the cherry tree blooms, the leaves appear at the same time and the new ones always have an orange-y greenish color - which looks very interesting against the cool pink flowers. 

Since I noticed our neighbor's apple in bloom, I've been looking intently for the appearance of an oriole, without success. But, this morning I did see one in the other neighbor's crabapple tree; you have to look carefully, because they don't perch on your porch railing or land in the grass, that I've ever noticed. But they do like the tree blossoms and they like to go up high. You will suddenly see a flash of orange amid the blooms. And then they fly.

A very windy day last week left a bright flower in the back yard, and it took me a minute to realize it was just a cherry blossom from the front yard. Now it's in the kitchen.



2 comments:

  1. I would love to see an oriole one day! I have noticed those colours in cherry trees, too - colours we wouldn't normally put together look so lovely when in a tree or a garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I think the surrounding greenery helps to make it all blend nicely.

      Delete