Saturday, October 3, 2020

playing fetch with Annie

 Not long after Annie came to live with us, my brother noticed that she'd dropped a ball behind his chair at the kitchen table. They ended up playing fetch, and nobody taught her how - it's just something she knew. She's gone through periods where she'd fetch, and spells where she wouldn't. But lately we figured out that a smallish piece of crumpled paper is perfect for her little mouth to carry and I've tossed as many as ten times to her, with her carrying it back to me. This is awfully cute. 

So today I put the camera on the floor, and took my chances. As for the sheet-covered furniture, what you see is what you get.


Did you see her flip over at the end? She seems to like going head first, never worrying about her little noggin. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, so cute!! One of our cats used to do that when he was young; we had a small soft ball that he loved to fetch for us and as it was a ball and bounced he often leapt in the air to catch it. When we eventually moved out of our flat into a house which had a garden and we began to let the cats out, he of course, gave up fetching the ball and started bringing in birds which he caught on the wing! He looked a little like Annie (long legs and sharp features) maybe a bit of Burmese cat in the gene pool? I loved the video! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie is very good at leaping, too. And I think you hit on something, Clare. I googled Burmese cat images. There weren't too many with sharp features, but then I clicked on a feline informational site and one thing got my attention. "Surprisingly heavy" - yes! She looks to be average size, but is like picking up a sack of potatoes! I always wonder at it. So, I bet you're right - she's probably part Burmese.

      Delete
  2. cute! I had missed this post! what a quick cutie cat! It's funny how they don't worry about things like their head!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's delightful. How funny, the tumble-over move. And good filming!

    ReplyDelete