Saturday, May 23, 2020

another copy


There's a rabbit who appears across the brook most days, usually in the evenings. They can stay so still, can't they? Indefinitely, it seems. But it's hard to get a decent photo.

Of the three face masks Yoko sent, the one that has a molded shape is the style I have avoided making from the beginning. I saved several different youtube videos and made a few of them. Things aren't always what you imagine - and here I am, realizing that the shaped mask seems the least stifling to wear.

I made a pattern from Yoko's.


It came out very well, and is almost finished.


It wasn't difficult to do!  I'll make more.

"To make the idea of the Holy Spirit more concrete to us we should remember that he is the Spirit of love. He is the divine love sent to infuse us with the sense of God when we read the Gospels, when we pray, when we receive the sacraments, or when we show love for other people."

                                                                 - Ronda Chervin,   from Magnificat, May 2020



Qui diceris Paraclitus,
Altissimi donum Dei,
Fons vivus, ignis, caritas,
Et spiritalis unctio.

Thou who art called the Paraclete,
Best gift of God above,
The living spring, living fire
Sweet unction and true love.



4 comments:

  1. It always feels good to learn something new. The blue calico print is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently seen patterns for the moulded-shape masks. I would have thought thy were more comfortable to wear but more difficult to make.
    I like the quote form Rhonda Chervin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to find they're not any harder to make than other styles.

      Delete