Monday, April 13, 2020

a wild wind, and not even Pentecost



It was violently windy much of today, with an inch or two of rain. I was defuzzing a sweater in the spare room when my brother called out to me - Did you see that? No, I didn't see anything. The top section of a tree in the back yard had come down.



That's a big piece. And do you see how the branches are curved downward on that tree? That's from the October snow we had in 2011. I think it not only bent the branches, but weakened many trees in ways that are only evident on stormy days like this one.


It happened that this was the cat food packet I grabbed on Easter, so we all had lamb for Easter dinner.


"Easter challenges us to believe in a way that Christmas doesn't. It almost dares us to accept and acknowledge a love and a goodness that is greater than anything we could possibly imagine."

                                                          -  borrowed from here

8 comments:

  1. wow! that is a huge part of the tree! what a beautiful back yard! That quote at the end is well said, I will be thinking about it, thank you. So nice that you *all* had lamb for Easter :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do have a nice yard, I think. :) God bless you, too, Elizabeth!

      Delete
  2. You all had cat food for dinner!!!
    Was it nice? :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I forgot to mention the lamb chops I made every Easter! :D Yeah, it was nice.

      Delete
  3. I had such a laugh at Lynda's questions! :D
    I followed the link on the quote. What a fabulous homily! Thank you so much, Lisa xoxo
    I am glad neither of you were outside when that great lump of tree fell!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can know three things from Lynda's comment: that she is mischievous, that she read every word in my post, and therefore that she is the ideal blogging friend. :) xo Glad you liked the homily, Clare.

      Delete
    2. Mischievous, what a nice way of putting it :)
      Maybe I should have been one of your kitty cats! :)) xx

      Delete
  4. I love your title! Glad the tree didn't hurt anyone or anything.

    ReplyDelete