Sunday, March 22, 2020

improvements

Sometimes when I make mac and cheese I use blocks of nice cheddar, instead of the pre-shredded stuff.  But sometimes I am too lazy to shred it, or even let the food processor shred it.


So I cut cubes. They melt eventually, just taking a little longer than grating.


God, whose almighty word
Chaos and darkness heard,
And took their flight:
Hear us, we humbly pray,
And where the gospel day
Sheds not its glorious ray,
Let there be light!

Savior, you came to give
Those who in darkness live
Healing and sight,
Health to the sick in mind,
Sight to the inward blind:
Now to all humankind
Let there be light!

-  from Magnificat, March 2020


Debra and her husband stopped in their walk around the neighborhood. As we spoke, another couple strolled by - they waved and we said a loud "hi!". I don't know who they were. Two weeks ago, one or the other of us may have been too preoccupied or less aware of the other to offer a greeting. Now, things are different. May it continue, on all sides. 

2 comments:

  1. I like that hymn you have quoted, Lisa; one of my favourites.
    I love the way some of us are forming communities and support groups. There are also a few people who are just thinking of themselves and can't think of other people. Sometimes this is through fear but mainly it's selfishness.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete