Tuesday, March 5, 2019

the creatures who come through


It snowed all Sunday night, and we got a lot. Now, it's cold and I'm keeping the bowl of bird seed topped up outside; the birds finally discovered it. The little orange feeder disappeared weeks ago - it was suddenly gone, but hadn't fallen into the bushes. So, if someone - a squirrel, or raccoon, perhaps - took it, that's fine with me.

But some of Diane's cats are hanging out underneath the little table near the seed. I see them out there, then open the front door and startle them. They're cute cats, and they look at me in wide-eyed nervousness, ready to fly if I try to come too close. I said to my brother, "The way most cats look at you is not the same look as the way Mr. Kibble always looked at you." He said something I hadn't thought of. He said, "Well, he was looking for help."

All those years, "asking" for food, roaming from place to place, keeping his distance. But yes, he was looking for help, he just didn't know how to go about it.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you were so patient with Mr Kibble. He needed the time to understand what he wanted and to see that you could help him. How very astute of your brother!
    May God be with you both this Lenten-tide. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wise of your brother! dear Mr Kibble! may God bless you all! :) and wow, that's a lot of snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be difficult to admit to needing help.

    And my oh my! Look at all your snow!

    ReplyDelete