Saturday, March 30, 2019

cutting

Tomorrow is the end of the month. Today was beautiful, in the seventies, I'm sure; March will go out like a lamb.



I could have washed another window, but I pruned the roses instead. Dolly came out with me and enjoyed it until the wild wind was too much for her. I was done anyway, and it was pointless to clean away the dead leaves in such wind. That can wait for another day.

I like pruning the roses. I like being deliberate when I cut each cane, each twig, with a particular result in view.


I have to admit that I don't take the same attitude toward cutting vegetables.

4 comments:

  1. Haha! My sentiments exactly! I love pruning but chopping vegetables is a little tedious. Temperatures in the seventies! Lucky you xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For one day, Clare! But it was enough. Then it rained hard yesterday and today it's all green.

      Delete
  2. Ha! I occasionally think I should take a "knife skills" class. I love to cook, but am such a poor chopper/dicer/mincer. It all basically ends up in a very large and inconsistent chop. It works though. I get 'er done.

    I should try and channel your spirit while I prune the roses and fruit trees/shrubs. It isn't something I feel confident doing and I suspect I don't prune vigorously enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching a rose pruning video was a big help to me, years ago. It was clearer than any book I'd seen.

      Delete